Well, ‘F’ used to mean ‘Failure’ but thinking about it in this new context gives ‘F’ a whole new meaning! Just for fun I decided to keep track last week of some of the normal, every day things I do to help stretch our income. I thought I’d share them with you here, in hopes that it will inspire you or give you some of your own ideas. So, I’ll show you mine if you show me yours 😉
1. Donated Blood at the Red Cross, and received coupons for a free frozen yogurt from Marble Slab Creamery AND a coupon for 6 free games of bowling
2. Stopped at Starbucks on my way to give blood and walked out with a big ole’ bag of coffee grounds to add to my compost pile
3. Fed my friend’s chickens and cats while she was away on vacation in exchange for 2-3 freshly laid eggs a day, along with orders to harvest the fast- growing zuchinnis, yellow squash and cucumbers from her garden each day
4. Took my car for an oil change and was given a free car wash in the deal
5. And finally, peeled an uncanceled stamp off a piece of mail and reused it. What? You don’t do that? All I can say is, “why not”?
So dear readers, what ‘eFFin’ Frugal things do you do to stretccchhhh your income? Please share in the comments section below.
6 Comments so far
Leave a comment